Steven C. Lindberg practices in the areas of creditor’s rights, foreclosure, and creditor bankruptcy law. He is the current Chair of the Default Practice Group. He is a graduate of the University of Illinois (B.A., 1976) and the John Marshall Law School (J.D., 1980). Most recently in 2013, he graduated from St. Joseph’s University with an MS degree in Organization Development and Leadership. Mr. Lindberg is licensed in both Illinois and Florida. His memberships include: the USFN, the Illinois State Bar Association, Florida Bar Association, DuPage County Bar Association, Mortgage Bankers Association, American Management Association, Organizational Development Network, Society for Human Resource Management; and the past Chair of the Law Practice Management Committee of the Illinois State Bar Association.
Mr. Lindberg is a past Board Member and Vice Chair for the DuPage Credit Union and served on its Executive Committee. He had previously served as Treasurer and on the Supervisory Committee for the Credit Union. He also is a past board member of Paradigm Financial Services Inc, a mortgage company and served as its Chairman. Mr. Lindberg is a past Board Member, Vice Chair and Chair Person for the District 205 Foundation for Academic Excellence, a not-for-profit corporation to enhance the educational experience of all students within District 205, Elmhurst, Illinois.
- The John Marshall Law School (J.D., 1980)
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (B.A., 1976)
ADMISSIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Illinois State Bar
- Florida State Bar
- Legal League 100
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- American Management Association
- Organizational Development Network
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Illinois State Bar Association (Current Member, Former Chair of the Law Practice Management Committee)
- Florida Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- DuPage Credit Union (Former Board Member, Vice Chair, Treasurer, and Executive Committee)
- Paradigm Financial Services, Inc. (Former Board Member and Chairman)
- District 205 Foundation for Academic Excellence (Former Board Member, Vice Chair, and Chair Person)
- Book Review, Humble Inquiry by Edwin Schein (Sept. 2015)
- Emotional Intelligence in Collections, National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys (Dec. 2014)
- Learning Leadership: Coaching Skills, Legal League 100 Quarterly (Q2 2014)
- Learning Leadership: Although law firms need an able leader at the helm, the ability to marshal and maintain the troops isn’t a skill that’s taught in school, Legal League 100 Quarterly (Q4 2013)
- Lawyers Need Emotional Intelligence, The Lawyers Competitive Edge (Vol.14, No.7, July 2012)
- Foreclosures, Chapter 27, Residential Real Estate (IICLE, 2011)
- Mentoring-What We Have to Do, The Bottom Line, Illinois State Bar Association (April, 2011)
- Disaster Preparedness, The Bottom Line, (Vol. 27, No.4,June 2006)
- Deficiencies, Surpluses and Entitlements, Chapter 10, Illinois Mortgage Foreclosure Practice(IICLE, 2003)
- Supreme Court Provides Some Guidance for Advising Clients on Holding Title as Tenants by the Entirety, 45 Real Property Newsletter 6 (June 2000).
- Obtaining Possession After a Residential Foreclosure: Your Case May Just be Beginning, 23 General Practice Newsletter 3 ( November 1994), Illinois State Bar Association and 40 Real Property Newsletter 2 (September 1994) Illinois State Bar Association
- The Illinois Mortgage Foreclosure Law, 76 Ill. Bar Journal 800 (1987)
Mr. Lindberg has also been a presenter at various seminars and before trade association groups. His past presentations include IICLE presentations on Mortgage Foreclosure, ISBA Presentation on Foreclosing in Federal Court, ISBA Small Firm and Solo Conference, 2010 on Managing Your Practice in Difficult Economic Times, and a panelist at the IRELA November 2010 Meeting on Foreclosure Moratoriums.